One of the main objectives to create an effective newsletter is customer loyalty, for which the most common strategy is email marketing for companies in Spain: the means of contact between the brand and the users by means of the email that they themselves provide by filling in a form, through which they will become part of your database.
What is a Newsletter
In Spain, the concept of newsletter refers to those informative publications or newsletters that a brand sends to its subscribers on a regular basis to their email address. Today our marketing experts in Malaga explain it all to you.
How to create an effective newsletter in Spain
Subject and Sender
On the one hand, for the newsletter to be effective, the subject line must attract the user’s attention so that he/she decides to open the email. It should also be brief (50 characters approx.). It is important that the sender’s name appears in the email, as it generates trust in the user. The sender can be the name and surname, the brand name or both at the same time.
The content should be created according to the objective:
To increase awareness and outreach of our brand by sharing the latest published content, for example by including CTAs.
Lead conversion: offer the user an incentive to subscribe to our newsletter, such as an ebook or manual.
Build loyalty by providing the user with extra content about the brand.
Tips: put the most important content first and take advantage of the postscript.
Aspects to take into account when creating a newsletter in Spain
Plain text: give priority to text only.
HTML: add more visual elements such as logos, buttons and CTAs.
Rich HTML, where the visual part takes centre stage.
According to HubSpot, users say they prefer HTML design.
The sending frequency of our newsletter will depend on the ability to generate content. The best is to follow a fixed strategy. The most common are daily, weekly, monthly, with the publication of a new article or giving the user the possibility to choose the periodicity.
List of subscribers
For best results, from Supermedia Studio, marketing agency on the Costa del Sol, we recommend having an updated and segmented list of subscribers to direct our content to the right people, as well as removing from the list users who do not give feedback to our newsletter.
Benefits of email marketing in Spain
Long-term relationships, that is, building customer loyalty. As long as they do not change their email address, they will continue to receive the information.
It brings traffic to the website through links so that the user continues reading.
It helps to disseminate news, products and promotions.
In addition to email data, users may leave you valuable data when they sign up, which you can then use to carry out a segmentation strategy.
Newsletters can help to increase the number of conversions in Spain, because by informing about promotions or products you are directing users to your site.
Keys to create an effective newsletter in Spain
- Define the objective and style of the newsletter, the minimum and maximum content for each.
- Try to limit the promotional content to 10%, as 90% of Internet queries are of an informative nature.
- Creativity. Both in content and design, to arouse the user’s curiosity every time he/she opens a newsletter.
- Keep the design clean and easy to understand.
- Make it easy to unsubscribe, if you want to keep a number of users really interested and engaged to what the company offers and not to mark their mail as SPAM. TIP: It is advisable to use bold capital letters, as it speeds up the process so that the user does not have to look for the unsubscribe button in the footer.
- Include videos and interactive formats. Video is the most consumed content on the Internet, so emails with “video” or “link to video” in the subject line are more likely to be opened.
- Attractive subject line that catches the user’s attention and is concise.
- Be different and unique. Let your readers perceive a difference with other related publications from other companies and also from other channels your company may have.
- Use content created by third parties, making it a showcase for influencers and creators in your sector with whom you can collaborate and generate new ideas with different voices.
- Remember the CTA. When sending a newsletter, the goal is not always a final sale. It can be to increase traffic to your website, registrations on your website or your e-commerce, as well as to get more subscribers to your social networks. That is why it is important to have an effective CTA or call to action, that is, that button with a hyperlink that directs the user to another page where they will perform the action.
- Think about mobiles, as it is very likely that your newsletter will be opened from one, so just like the website, it is important that the design of the newsletter is responsive.
Take note of all these tips to create effective newsletters and you will see how your leads increase sooner than you thought. Contact us and we will advise you on the strategy that best suits your needs. We are experts in digital marketing in Malaga.